1. Do all therapists have legal licenses?All of our therapists are licensed mental health professionals in Canada and the US.
2. Who are the therapists?Therapists who belong to traditionally marginalized groups are not recognized enough for their resilience in the face of structural inequality. We aim to level the playing field by centering and honoring their lived experiences.
We are currently inviting therapists who self-identify as members of one or more of the following equity-seeking groups: Black, Indigenous or People of Color, 2SLGBTQI+, and/or disabled* (this includes those identifying as Mad and/or Neurodivergent) to feature on our free listing platform.
3. What is the standard for listed therapists?To be listed on our platform, you are required to possess the following:
- Licensed Psychologist, Master of Social Work, Registered Psychotherapists
- In good standing with governing body
- Has professional liability insurance policy
4. Do I need to sign up to view the therapist?Yes. You will have to sign up to use the features, this is your “admission ticket” to our therapist category.
5. Why I have to choose “I agree to receiving marketing and promotional materials” when I sign up? Will you send any promotional materials?It is a system default, but we promise that we do not send out any promotion materials. Feel free to browse our website at your convenience.
6. Can I contact the therapist in other languages?Our therapists come from a variety of backgrounds. Therefore, you may contact them in the language that you are most comfortable with.
7. How do I make payments?Licensed mental health care providers who are self-aware and able to have tough conversations are recognized and accessed by people who need them. Our platform does not charge any listing, booking nor referral fee. Therefore, please contact therapists directly to arrange payment.
8. Do therapists accept insurance?Psychologists, Registered Social Workers and Registered Psychotherapists accept insurance from, including but not limited to, the following insurance companies: Blue Cross, Canada Life, Desjardins, Green Shield Canada, Manulife, and Sun Life. Please contact the therapist you wish to be scheduled to verify that they accept your plan.
9. How to find the best therapist for me?Our platform reduces guesswork by empowering providers who practice from an anti-oppressive framework to share their values with potential clients. Our unique and comprehensive profile layout facilitates therapist self-disclosure in order to reduce the inherent power imbalance in the therapist-client relationships.
10. How do I book an appointment?Please contact therapists directly to arrange appointment.
11. How do I contact the therapist?Please click/tap "Contact me" button on the therapist page to contact the therapists directly.
1. How do I know if I am a targeted(qualified) therapist for your platform?We are currently inviting therapists who self-identify as members of one or more of the following groups: Black, Indigenous or People of Color, 2SLGBTQI+, and/or disabled* (this includes those identifying as Mad and/or Neurodivergent) to feature on our free listing platform.
2. Do you charge advertisement fee?We offer a free listing platform. No listing fees. No Referral fees.
3. I am a therapist. How do I sign up?Please click the “Join Us” tab – “New therapist” or “New therapist sign up” button and follow the instructions to sign up.
4. I’ve applied to be a therapist. When will I receive approval?You will receive the approval within 1-2 business day.
5. How do the clients reach me? Or book appointments?Clients will email you and book appointments.
6. How do I update my other info?Feel free to contact us using our profile update request form. The request form is also linked at the bottom of your profile page.
We will update your profile information within 1-2 business days.
1. How can I recommend FASS to my friends?We welcome more people to connect with us, here are number of ways:
Our English Website: forasaferspace.org
Our Chinese Website: forasaferspace.com
Please feel free to share our website and social media with your friends.
2. I really like your organization, is there any way I can join you?There are many areas at FASS where you may contribute. You can join us as a therapist, a client, a volunteer, a clinical supervisor, a social work practicum or as our organizations’ partners. Learn more about opportunities on “Join Us”.
3. How do you make money?Currently, we do not make money. This unprecedented pandemic has interrupted many people’s lives and we are trying our best to help people to get access to the rights they deserve. That’s all it matters to us, as of now.
4. Will you collect and use my data?We collect personal information directly from you and various sources in fair and legal ways.
If you still have questions, please contact us via email@example.com. We will get back to you within two business days. We thank you for your patience